Public Relations Internship
Are you someone who knows how to make things happen? Do you love PR? Do you dream of one day owning your own PR Firm? If so, you’re in the right place.
We are looking for a social media intern who can assist with the exciting expansion happening with our business. This is a three month, non-paid internship position. However, we are looking to bring someone on as a permanent team member. We are looking for someone who is committed to the team and willing to learn.
We don’t need you to be a public relations expert. However, you need to be resourceful and willing to learn. You must have a solid understanding of Public Relations and can articulate with others in a professional manner.
This position has high expectations. But, if you’re the person we’re looking for, you probably get motivated by high expectations.
You will support the team in expanding our press and media relations. This includes:
- Researching speaking engagement opportunities and guest appearances
- Updating our bios and press kits
- Reaching out to media and sponsors
- Updating sponsorship decks
- Scheduling meetings with press and media
- Assisting with the coordination of events
- Posting on social media platforms
THIS POSITION IS PERFECT FOR YOU IF:
- You love to test out your powers of influence and persuasion for the greater good.
- You're not afraid to pitch new ideas
- You are a people person and love talking to and meeting new people
- You know how to make things happen
- You are resourceful and creative
- You are addicted to learning so that you can get better at what you do
- Can juggle lots of moving pieces while staying focused & collected
- You adapt very well to change
- You are an excellent communicator (verbally and written)
- You love working with entrepreneurs
- You are incredibly good at organizing someone else’s ideas into concrete plans
- You are social media savvy
THINGS YOU’VE DONE IN THE PAST:
- Worked in fast moving environments
- Worked as an Event Coordinator, Administrative Assistant or PR Assistant
- Supported a high-level executive, manager, or CEO of a company
- Managed projects from start to completion
WHY SHOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION?
- Work with a dynamic team
- Learn how to run a successful business
- Get unlimited, free business mentorship from successful business coaches and entrepreneurs
- Have most fun ever at work
- Work in your pajamas (but only when your home...you have to wear pants to the office and at meeting and events)
We want to learn more about you!